Product Recall Policy & Procedure
In order to protect our customers and (or) end consumers, Craigmore Plantations (India) Private Limited, as a part of its Product Safety Policy, will ensure that any complaints received on quality issues will be dealt with immediately and with out any bias what so ever to protect the brand of this Company at all costs.
Towards the same, the following will be ensured:
- For all teas dispatched (Private Sale, Auction Sale, Export etc) from either factory; a sample will be drawn from the bulk prior to packing of teas and retained at each factory, as a counter sample.
- For all Direct Private Sales three sets of samples will be drawn, of which one at random will be sent by Sales Department to the buyer, one returned to the Factory as a reference sample and the third set retained at Sales Department as duplicate sample.
- In the case of Brokers/ Commission Agents Private Sales, four sets of samples will be drawn, of which one at random will be sent by Sales Department to the buyer, one sent to the Broker/Commission agent, one returned to the Factory as a reference sample and the fourth set retained at Sales Department as duplicate sample.
- In case of any complaints being raised on quality of teas supplied, by any buyer, such complaints when received will be reviewed and dealt with, only by the Managing Director. 5. In the case of Direct Private Sales or Export Sales, the Managing Director will ask the buyer to draw samples from the bags sent by the concerned factory at random and these samples on receipt will be verified against counter samples retained at Sales Department by the Managing Director.
- In case of Brokers Private Sale or Commission Agents Private Sales, the Broker/Agent will be asked to inspect the goods at the buyer’s warehouse and asked to draw samples at random from at least 10% of the bags. If the Broker/Commission Agent finds quality variations and sends such samples to MD which he also finds varying from offer samples, then the same will be dealt with by the Managing Director as follows:
In case of sample/quality variations being confirmed by the Managing Director, (i) he will decide on the quantum of discount to be given for such teas dispatched if agreeable to the buyer or (ii) instruct the buyer to return the goods to the factory at the Company’s cost and send replacement teas if agreeable to the buyer or (iii) instruct the buyer to return the goods to the factory at the Company’s cost and cancel the contract.