ISO - 22000:2005
Craigmore Plantations (India) Private Limited, which includes all its five estates and both the factories i.e. Craigmore Factory making Orthodox Black Tea and Pascoe’s Woodlands Factory making Panfired Green Tea, have been certified by “Indocert” on the ISO - 22000:2005 standards.
ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies, which certifies producers on international food safety standards. This International Standard specifies the requirements for a food safety management system that combines the following generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, up to the point of final consumption:
- Interactive communication
- System management
- Prerequisite programs
- HACCP principles
The ISO-22000:2005 standard further specifies requirements to enable an organization:
- To plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing products that, according to their intended use, are safe for the consumer,
- To demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements,
- To evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those mutually agreed requirements that relate to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction,
- To effectively communicate food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain,
- To ensure that the organization conforms to its stated food safety policy.
Being certified on the ISO-22000:2005 standards ensures that the teas produced by the company meet all food safety, hygiene and safety requirements as laid down in this internationally recognized standard.
To learn more about ISO 22000:2005 please follow the following link: www.iso22000.in